We all have heard about Jakarta being one of the most beautiful place in the south-east Asian region. Indeed its true. It spellbound you with the beaches, islands and lush greenery around. but there are some of the things which should be considered if you are the one who wishes to stay in Jakarta for a longer duration of time.
1. Healthcare: We all believe in living healthy. However, Jakarta is still gearing up, to prove itself as a good place for healthcare practitioners. There are very few hospitals to take care of super-specialized surgeries. The infrastructure also doesn't support the treatment where high level of care and specialization is involved, for this you are mostly referred to Singapore. It will be good to make a visit to renowned hospitals in the city. get reference from the friends before you decide on to one doctor. I personally feel the language is also one of the major root cause while interaction and explanation. Since there are very few doc who speak English well. So to understand the medical term is tough. and what exactly is the problem. weather its big or small you really need to juggle your head to understand in complete.
But for Pregnancy and delivery the doctors are really good and have expertise, you can trust on them. They don't offer you over medication, doctors have patience while considering your delivery cases.
2. Medicines: Same is the case with the medicines, the salt and the make if the medicine is different what you are using in India (to be specific). Most of the medicines available are of Australian make. its tough for you to find salt with similar name. even on Google you have to spin your head to find something that is recognizable for you. better is to take medication, which is prescribed by the doctor there. coz if you are one of those who is keen to know the exact medicine name, or a self medication person, then I suggest, you carry your own medicines with you.
3. Expats have tough time finding jobs: There are only few areas where Indonesia welcome expatriates as there employee. their first preference is to give job to their own people. Also locals will be cheaper as compared to expatriates. if you are transferred from your parent company to Indonesia then its all favorable. coz then you will be provided with a accommodation in a posh area of Jakarta and other allied benefits too will be granted. in other case, if you are looking for job without any base or network or reference, then you should be ready to rub your shoes really hard.
Tip: If you can be expert of their language "Bahasa" then you have 50% more chances for getting selected for job.
However, if you want to have your business then you have chances of being successful, but again not so easy. you need to understand the market scenario, develop a strategy for yourself and then step forward.
4. The Muslim religion is followed by 80-90% of the population. However, you will find people wearing western attire, I'm talking about females here. the culture and society is very much open. Jakarta is a place where you will find people from whole world living peacefully. So don't be afraid just by hearing that it's a Muslim country.
For food it will be tough if you are a veggie. It's mostly the non-veggie food which is available in abundance.
5. Female dominating: I have seen most of the females in Jakarta who are practical, laborious and are independent, in comparison to the male counter parts. Females are focused and dedicated. Moreover while marriage, its the girl's family who dominates the boy's family. something absolutely different than what we found in Indian society.
6. Indonesian girls adore expat riches: Yes, something which is good for expat males is that, its easy to lure a Indo girl. If you are wealthy and decent looking. many Indo girls will be available easily to you.
Now, if you really want to get into some serious affair like marriage, then you have to be very careful, coz then you cannot leave the Indo girl just like that. In that ways the Indonesian laws are very strict towards expatriate. You need to pay huge penalty in case your marriage fall apart. There are cases that the Indo girls have shown fake documents and proof of marriages, where they have actually asked for huge money before leaving males. Also there are rumors that girls use black magic and some stuff like that. So at times this fun thing actually turn out to be lot more tricky and serious affair.
This blog of mine has nothing to say against anyone in the whole world or for any particular culture or society or individual in specific. These are my general observations that I came across, some of them are heard stories and some are just rumors you can say. which will be heard by everyone who so ever visit this country.
My only intention is to provide you with the does and don't's about this country. Any its in every country of the world. Some have add on benefits and some have their own gray areas to explore and evolve. Once again its a lovely and peaceful country to explore, live and enjoy best time of your life.
Personally I love this place that's why I am here.l